July 18, 2016



The Last Full Week! I've said that time is flying before, but now it's like it got on the star ship enterprise and it's going warp speed. I'm really going to miss the mission and all the great people here.
 
This week we found a whole lot of Muslims that were very grounded in their beliefs. Usually when people want to start bashing, I try to end the conversation as fast as possible because there's no point, but there were some real persistent ones this week! So we entertained them a bit. For the most part, they try to explain what Islam is about, and expect us to agree with them upon finally finding out. I let them know that I've been here for about 2 years talking to Muslims, and usually they get pretty taken aback, and don't have any real arguments worth arguing about after that. It felt good to testify about what I know to them, even if they don't want to accept it.

Since my time is winding down and no one new wanted to meet this week, we met with some old investigators this week. One of those was Alexander, a tour guide that Elder Prince and I used to teach. He doesn't really want to change his life and keep commitments, so after a time we couldn't meet with him anymore. He would always wear a shirt that says I LOVE HONG KONG. I told him that I'm from there, and he has always brought it up ever since. He's also got the most booming laugh. 
 
We met with Danilo and his family also this week, who are old investigators. I've been over to their house 3 times, each time about a year apart from the last. They're some of the nicest people I've ever met, and we got fed by them. And it was STUFFED PEPPERS. Grandma, if I didn't like those back when I was home, I don't know what was wrong with me. We had a really good discussion about Jesus Christ though. They're 7th Day Adventists, and it was a Saturday that we met with them, so it worked out well! 
 
Speaking about food, the worst thing by far I've had on my mission is Ajran. It's like spoiled milk with some salt in it. One day through the week, we got lunch as a district and we decided it was time for the new sisters to try it. They weren't buying into it that it was good to drink it, so Sister Dow took some massive swigs of it. Good on her for making the sacrifice. They decided it was safe enough after that, and we got to enjoy their priceless reactions after the fact.

Sister Kelly, who I served with here in Skopje about a year ago, finished her mission about half  year ago, but she came back this week to visit! It was pretty weird to see her as a non-missionary, especially since I'm still a missionary.

Elder Rigby

For any who want to come, my homecoming talk will be July 31st at 8:30am at the Cortaro Ward. The meetinghouse is located at 3530 West Magee Road Tucson AZ.