May 16, 2016



We started this week with another trip to Gjakova. This time it was to drop Sister Barch and Maxfield off since Sister Barch headed home! She was a good sister and we are going to miss her.

Elder Dibble and I went on exchanges this week. That means we got to go and teach Bojan and Frosina!!! That's the first time for me in 4 months and the first time since they've been baptized. They are such good, down to earth people. I can't imagine either one ever having an evil thought in their whole lives. They both got callings a couple weeks ago. Bojan is the assistant clerk and Frosina is the music chorister. That's a huge miracle because it took over a year for Prend to get a calling.

Thursday we traveled down to Strumica for an investigator and had another lesson with a way cool guy named Tane. When we got home I felt really funky with a bad headache. I went in bed to just lay down, and then I started shaking way bad. I was super freaked out! Nothing like that had ever happened to me before. Luckily Elder Chingas had some medication that totally fixed it, and I got a good 12 hours of sleep that night.

On Saturday we were handing out English flyers, and it was just business as usual. Suddenly, a woman with her daughter appeared out of nowhere and just stared at us, with a massive smile on her face. She didn't say anything for a couple seconds. I was racking my brain for who this lady was, since we talk to so many people. She finally spoke and told us that she lives in Denmark and that she's a member there! She's a native Macedonian born in Bitola, and she was so happy to find out that there's a church here. We gave her the address and she was just beaming the whole time when she came and attended. Also, it turned out the daughter knows one of my friends from high school who was a foreign exchange student from Denmark, Ida.

Happy Bob Marley Day! This is a growing annual event celebrated on Saturday at the Skopje city park. It is the anniversary of his death (died at age 36 from melanoma cancer) and has become a popular reggae music festival with themes of peace and love and everyone just chill’n. It was a family-friendly event with little kids to old people there, so that was perfect for us and finding people to talk to!

Enjoy your week!
Elder Rigby