October 2, 2014

This has been another interesting week in the MTC! We are getting close to the point of leaving in the MTC, and everyone can feel it. There's a lot of excitement, but with that excitement is almost as much nervousness. Everyone in our zone of Eastern Europe gets our flight plans either tomorrow or Saturday, which everyone is looking forward to immensely.

I found out today from Elder Prince, who's in Macedonia right now, that I'm probably going to go stateside first [to a Mission in the U.S.]. He talked to the lawyer in charge of getting visas for the Macedonian missionaries, and she said it still might take a while. I'm pretty bummed about it, especially if everyone leaves the MTC without me. The new Macedonian missionaries are going to get to Macedonia before I do! But I know that I still have a lot to learn, and hopefully I'll be able to learn and help the work wherever I end up going for a couple months in the states. My main fear is that the language will completely leave me since it's such a long time.

Something I forgot to mention last week was a little story about choir with general conference. Elder Raisor and I would do choir every week, and the director told us one week some of us will get to sing in the priesthood session of general conference. The next choir practice, they gave us surveys about our singing ability, which they would use to decide who is singing at conference. I don't have any singing experience, so I gave my survey to Elder Raisor and had him fill it out to get an honest opinion. He was not kind with it. We turned the surveys in, and in the mail a few days later we got the results. All the Elders in our zone made it except for 4 of us, me and 3 of the Polish elders. It is pretty awkward, especially since elder Raisor isn't the best of singers and our whole zone is pretty aware. But it's a funny awkwardness.

As for other things happening this week, I finished my 3 weeks as district leader and have been released. It's nice to have the study time back and not have to go to a lot of meetings anymore. When we went on our weekly temple walk on Sunday, one of our branch counselors passed out. Everyone was freaking out, and his wife was terrified. We called an ambulance and gave him a blessing that he would recover swiftly. 5 minutes later, after 15 minutes of going in and out of consciousness, he was much better and able to walk on his own. It was amazing to see the power that we have with giving blessings as worthy priesthood holders. They think it was just because he was really dehydrated and weak from the fasting, combined with some new medications and recovering from an illness. 

We got to skype more Bulgarian people this week! This time was amazing, and it was just me and sister Thatcher since everyone else in our district was at choir practice for general conference. We got to teach two people, and they were both really nice. They kept complimenting us on our Bulgarian, which I'm pretty sure just testifies how bad we still are at speaking.

Things are still great here in the MTC. 

Elder Rigby
MTC life continues the same for now, but not for much longer. Like for Nephi, 4 Nephi 1:6

And thus did the thirty and eighth year pass away, and also the thirty and ninth, and forty and first, and the forty and second, yea, even until forty and nine years had passed away, and also the fifty and first, and the fifty and second; yea, and even until fifty and nine years had passed away. Except for me it is days.