December 7, 2015



1 Year in Македонија!  I have been here in Macedonia one year! I've gotta say, it's been the most fast/slow moving time in my life. The thought that I'm winding down a little bit on my mission now is a weird thought, I still feel like I'm one of the new guys! I guess that's how most of life works.

Elder Dibble and I are getting pretty psyched for Christmas. We've got all our Christmas lights up around the apartment and a whole lot of Christmas music! Only 18 more days!!

Yesterday, we had the first Elder's Quorum and Relief Society. Suzana was set apart as the Relief Society President. Elder Dibble and I taught Elder's Quorum. The lesson was going pretty decently, and then it ended in an argument about whether reading the scriptures or getting experience is more important. The important stuff. Especially in a lesson about the priesthood. Prend has been doing great as the Elder's Quorum President though, his is already making a plan for how to prevent that from happening again. 

New Missionary. We are supposed to be getting another new missionary soon. Apparently he flies into Albania on the 9th, but he won't be coming to Skopje until New Year's. I feel bad for him; he learned Bulgarian in the MTC, now is going to be surrounded by Albanian speakers for 3 weeks, then finally he will get here to start learning Macedonian. He's going to have quite the few months coming up!

Terrorism. Bro. Nelson was called by the Macedonian ministry of religion and they asked the LDS Church to sign a joint declaration against terrorism. It was approved by the higher ups and Bro. Nelson went to the ministry of religion and signed the document in behalf of the Church. I don’t know which is more unbelievable: religious people killing other people or believing God wants them to do it.

Baptism Goals. We've been working a lot with the Church’s “A Savior is Born” video. We went tabling with it this week, showing as many people as would watch the video. Sasho has been on fire about missionary work lately. He made a goal for us to have 15 baptisms by the end of the month. I don't want to let the guy down, so we're going to be working our butts off this month!

Love you all! I hope the Christmas season is treating you all well :)
Elder Rigby