December 15, 2014

I'm surviving Macedonia so far. I'm still surprised how similar everything is here to America. I was expecting a completely different world, but not a whole lot is different. Skopje is very developed, and we're in the developed area of Skopje, so things are pretty developed here.

We got to teach a good amount of people this week. I'm still adjusting to having to contact, since in Provo that was all done by the members of the church. Your religion a part of your identity when your born in this culture, so not a whole lot of people are interested, but we still find the occasional person who is interested! We got a He is the Gift poster, which is the first big legit thing we've ever gotten in Macedonian, so that's helped with contacting.

We had to get pictures developed for our ID cards, so we went to this photography place at the mall. We got the pictures, and they worked fine. A few days later, Elder Giersch and Barber walked by it, and they saw my picture was on display on the shop! And Elder Chingas' was on display on the inside. Right now I just have to decide whether I want to put school aside and follow my dream as a model after the mission. This has to be a sign that I should.

A lesson fell through, and we were calling some people to teach, and a lady came up and talked to us and invited us to her house. We got the other missionaries, and we went in. She turned out to be Muslim, and she was the wife of the late President of the Macedonian National Bank. They were loaded. She was very interested in what we had to say, but then she was going to Connecticut for the next 3 months, so we're going to have to wait a bit to teach her.

This is my direct mailing address here in Macedonia:
Elder Richard Rigby
UL Dimitrie Chupovski; BR 20/1-4
Skopje, 1000 Macedonia

Life in Macedonia is good. Elder Prince is an amazing missionary, one of my favorite companions so far. Pics: (1) lol, my mug on display in the window of the photography studio (2) the "tree of life" (3) my kitchen -- it's really pretty modern here.